- Position : Senior Specialist, Facilities Maintenance
- Department : Engineering
- Requisition :22-SrSpecFacMaint
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/14/2022
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro Pharmaceuticals is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Senior Specialist, Facilities Maintenance to join our team.
The main responsibility of this position is to provide technical support for all facilities maintenance functions including equipment reliability and preventive maintenance, building structures and grounds. In addition, the position is responsible for both validation and maintenance operation of equipment and machinery; troubleshoot equipment by interfacing with outside service groups and vendors to assist in resolving system faults.
This role is accountable for overseeing the Facilities Maintenance function in the absence of Manager, Facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of facility utilities.
- Ensure continuous operation and maintenance of compressed air, VAC, chilled water, steam and electrical systems in an efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment when required in collaboration with maintenance staff. Give instruction to maintenance personnel on operation of electrically controlled equipment. Explain and train mechanics in the resolution and possible cause of incidents to prevent future unplanned system and equipment failures.
- Assist in the electrical/electronic/program validation of equipment.
- Ensure the safe operation of equipment by ensuring all safeguards are in place and followed during normal operation or when working on equipment.
- Generate follow-up paper work and procedures.
- Complete all GMP documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations.
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s).
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close change controls.
- Participate in internal, customer and regulatory audits.
- Learn the operation (controls) of the local security systems, fire alarms, magnetic door locks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical diploma in an electromechanical or relevant stream combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in facilities maintenance within a pharmaceutical food plant or similar GMP setting.
- Understand the operation of instrumentation, PID loops and calibrations procedures.
- Able to test sensors both mechanical and “in process” (temperature probes, flow meters, turbine meters, etc.).
- cGMP knowledge as related to facility design, operation and maintenance.
- Familiar with boiler and pressure vessel and life safety inspections and regulations.
-Knowledge of Ontario building, electrical and fire code.
- Good working knowledge and operation of local servers to allow any interfacing of equipment to the servers.
- Good working knowledge and experience with applicable computer systems.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with suppliers of equipment, software and hardware by using the correct terminology.
- Experience with building systems operation and preventative maintenance systems.
- Good trouble shooting /problem solving skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Senior Specialist, Facilities Maintenance in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.com.