- Position : Manager, QA (Product Release and Logistics)
- Department : Quality Assurance
- Requisition :22-MgrQAProdRlsLog
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 06/06/2022
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro Pharmaceuticals is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manager, QA (Product Release and Logistics) to join our team.
The main responsibility of this position is to establish and maintain a highly-functional and effective QA Product Release Program based on compliance intelligence and risk-based approach. This role is highly significant within the Taro organization as it is accountable for decisions on product disposition and market release.
This responsibility includes management of a site wide quality program to meet Taro Global Quality Policies, Canadian and FDA GMP requirements on product disposition. This position acts as an active cross-functional guidance towards elevating the quality practices and guidelines for product manufactured, packaged or tested at Taro manufacturing facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Drive effective intelligence-based Taro Brampton Market Release Program as per Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements.
- Manage and provide expertise, compliance assessment and decisions in regard to raw materials, packaging components, bulk batches, water for manufacturing and finished product batches.
- Manage all the aspects associated with commercial products disposition to international markets.
- Establish an effective strategy of Taro Canada Retention Sample Program.
- Lead effective cross-functional communications and influence establishment of Quality Culture throughout the site GMP controlled functions.
- Coordinate Health Canada and FDA responses on the subject and represent the function during audits and regulatory inspections.
- Identify and implement key process improvements targeted to enhance systems, gain site efficiencies, reduce cost of goods and elevate the site level of compliance.
- Manage logistics through participation in regular cross-functional and Production Planning meetings.
- Act as an active leader in Product Launch projects and ensure timely delivery of Quality owned action items targeted to achieve Day One (1) Product Launch objective.
- Design flexible release strategies enabling effective execution of the Back Order initiatives.
- Collaborate with other functional teams such as Materials Management, Quality Investigations, Change Control and Operations (Compounding, Production and Packaging) on setting the priorities and resolution of the issues that may delay market releases.
- Champion business initiatives (e.g. product launches, partnerships with new 3PL partners, expansion of activities/responsibilities of existing 3PL partners—UPS, etc.).
- Lead communications with logistics organizations and ensure timely notifications on products disposition decisions.
- Lead coordination activities with Sun Pharma, Taro Israel and UPS; and ensure timely release of inter-site transferred products to Canadian market.
- Support product recall activities as needed.
- Oversee and ensure timely issuance of Packaging and Compounding Work Orders to the production floor.
- Lead an effective maintenance of the ELB and Cognos Reports generated by the ERP system, and use them for tracking, trending and planning purposes.
- Ensure compliance to SOPs & GMP requirements in regard to shop-floor activities, Retain Sample Program, water sampling, balance calibration, etc.
- Review and approve training materials targeted to ensure understanding of compliance requirements to Quality Assurance, Production, Compounding and Packaging personnel.
- Review and approve non-conformance investigations; work with other GMP controlled departments to address quality issues associated with compounding, production and/or packaging stages of the product manufacturing.
- Participate in GEMBA walks and consult shop-floor personnel on the requirements of the batch records execution.
- Lead completion of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s) and Change Controls within established timeframe.
- Hold accountability over establishment and maintenance of a highly functional QA Product Release group though its leadership, continuous coaching, feedback and regular performance reviews.
- Establish team Objectives aligned with Objectives of Global Quality Organization which are driving department’s success and individual career development.
- Provide back-up to the Sr. Manager, QA (Product Release and Logistics).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a Quality role within the pharmaceutical industry
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Health Canada and FDA regulations
- Experience and/or knowledge of Pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging is an asset
- Experience with SAP and Trackwise is an asset
- Skilled Word and Excel user
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence others while maintaining integrity and trust, by keeping a continuous focus on effective communications to ensure achievement of shared goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task; attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Change leader and driver
- High energy level, self-starter
- Experience in coordinating team activities
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Manager, QA (Product Release and Logistics) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.com.