- Position : LINE LEADER, PACKAGING (NIGHT SHIFT)
- Department : Packaging
- Requisition :22-LLPkgNight
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 07/04/2022
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro Pharmaceuticals is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
- A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Line Leader, Packaging (Night Shift) to join our team.
To ensure the safety, quality, productivity and training needs of the team members to achieve the goals defined for the packaging department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Packaging Work Order, and forward to the documentation review clerk.
- Ensure equipment log books (stationary/non stationary) are accurately completed.
- Reconcile components used for the packaging operation. ( BPCS )
- Review and ensure accurate data is recorded and entered into Shop Floor Data collection system.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc. required in the SOP’s.
- Perform the tasks as directed on the Packaging Work Order (PWO).
- Perform in-process checks
- Retrieve samples as per PWO ie: Routine, Stability, Validation etc.
- Participate in Line Clearance process
- ensure team members are knowledgeable and aware of the equipment and environment they are expected to work in.
- : monitor and be aware of excessive scrap from the line.
- Complete BPCS transactions in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete PWO and reconcile components in a timely manner.
- minimize downtime and maximize up-time by comparing standard line efficiencies to current real time productivity. (Checkweigh Display Data & Shop Floor Data Control).
- Effectively communicate safety, quality and productivity issues to the line mechanics.
- Ensure efficient labour utilization of all team members.
- Delegate on-line tasks.
- Perform “in process” checks.
- Assist with training “line leaders in training”.
- Perform documentation review.
- Supervise / co-ordinate off line packaging activities.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exposure to current G.M.P. requirements.
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Interacting with shop floor personnel on a daily basis.
- Proactive, thinking ahead.
- Ability to multitask.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Line Leader, Packaging (Night Shift) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.com.