- Position : Receptionist
- Department :
- Requisition :
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 09/20/2022
- Location : Brampton
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.com.
What we offer:
A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
Opportunities for career growth and development
A competitive wage/salary
Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for Receptionist
Primarily responsible for Reception, Mailroom services, and providing Administrative support to the Human Resources team. The working hours for this position are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with one half hour lunch break. This is a great opportunity for an energetic, customer-focused, self-motivated individual who enjoys working as a team and doing what needs to be done – together!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and visitors in a professional, friendly and effective manner, answer queries and provide information, paging when necessary.
- Announce and register visitors according to Company procedures; ensure photo ID is verified and guest logbook filled out.
- Promptly answer telephone in a warm and friendly manner.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system (CISCO), screening and transferring calls to appropriate person or department.
- Respond to company emails in a timely manner.
- Distribute mail (incoming/outgoing), packages and coordinate courier pickups/order taxi’s when necessary.
- Order office supplies as required.
- Organize/track courier invoices for processing.
- Maintain the reception area in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest refreshment area, order supplies when needed and assist guests.
- Manage new hire employee photos for security badge.
- Organize potential candidate resumes for HR – distribute as appropriate to HR Business Partners.
- Schedule meetings and candidate interviews.
- Maintain training assignments and personal training records in the Learning Management System
- Maintain employee files
- Prepare Monthly Reception Coverage schedule and phone lists.
- Other duties as required including general office administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid interpersonal skills and professional demeanor and superior telephone etiquette.
- Strong Communication skills – both verbal and written including strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, SAP experience is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills – team player
- Ability to identify obstacles and provide solutions, and comfortable taking the initiative
- Strong Customer Service orientation
Background and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Office Administration diploma would be considered an asset
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an Administrative / Receptionist capacity would be considered a strong asset
- Proven ability in writing standard office correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic database
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Keen attention to detail
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time
- Lifting required for up to 20 lbs
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities